Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

It's Time

I'll start with this: I feel sick. All the time. Every day. Mostly it's my stomach, but I have incredible back pain that shoots down my legs daily, bad headaches, I'm exhausted every day, and it's a fight to get out of bed every single morning.
I feel like I'm dying. More specifically, I feel like every thing I do, every breath I take, it's all just steps towards killing myself. I'm doing it to myself.
I didn't always feel this way. About four years ago, I lost 79 lbs on the south beach diet. I had been close to weighing 250 lbs, and I turned that around. Then I had my son. And although I lost a good bit of my baby weight, I've now gained it back. I'm weighing in at close to 200 lbs, and my clothes don't fit. And then there's the feeling bad thing. That's the worst.
I've been reading about the health and societal benefits of becoming vegan for so, so many years. I've always felt that, in my heart, that's how I should be eating. I've gone vegetarian several times in my life for periods from 6 months to about a year and a half, but it's never lasted.
So it's time to begin a whole new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment